Today was a difficult day, in a line of difficult days. Cancer tends to make life much harder than it should be.
To go into details would be hurtful to those I love, so let me just relate the lessons learned – or that should be learned:
1. People speak far more with their actions than they do their words.
2. One (or even a few) hurtful interactions should not erase thousands of truly loving ones.
3. You need all the love you can get in this world, but not if it comes with conditions. If someone really loves you, there are no strings.
4. If you really love someone, you will get joy from being with them in the good times. And if you abandon them in the rough times, it wasn’t really love.
5. You can feel more love from a person you have never met (that would be you, Jeanne & Alex) than from people who have known you half your life.
Be kind. And if you can’t be kind, be quiet. If you have to vent, do it to a person who can keep their mouth shut.
My heart hurts today for a number of reasons. Some can’t be fixed by any human, but some could. It’s just that those people chose to make the situation worse and not better.