No more brain cancer? That’d be super!
We are well into the Microsoft #ChangeYourWorld contest, and there have been a few questions. First of all, yes, this is a real promotion started by Microsoft. You can learn everything here:
Dragon Master Foundation is already international, so we are able to participate where some other foundations can’t. We are very collaborative and we will be web-based, which means ultimately, we will be helping researchers world-wide to collaborate. We will have a vast database that will be accessible to folks everywhere – from Dodge City, Kansas to Florence, Italy. Geographically, we reach further than that, but I think that’s a pretty good visual. ;)
Since this is a global competition, we need everyone’s help. Every single vote helps, and we really need you talking about it every day on your social media channels. Here’s what to do:
• If you don’t already have accounts, set up an Instagram account and a Twitter account. They are both free, but Instagram really only works on mobile devices (smart phones, iPads, etc.)
• Once you have your account set up, post every day – once on Twitter and once on Instagram. Your post needs to say these three things:
If it doesn’t say all of those things, the vote won’t count. It also won’t count if there are typos, so please check your post carefully to make sure those three things are exactly like that.
From the rules, I’m not sure if tagging @dragonmasterfdn will count or if it needs to actually be in the text that you post. So to be safe, please put it in the actual post. (Don’t just tag us in your photo.)
• A sample Twitter post could look like this:
Help us win $500K to find a cure for cancer! Tweet: “I for for You can also post on Instagram!
Remember you only have 144 characters to use on Twitter, so you have to keep it short. You can include a picture if you want to (posts with pics get more views), but if you do that , you will have fewer characters that you can use. “Characters” are letters, numbers and spaces – so each key stroke counts as a character.
• On Instagram, you can use more than 144 characters, but remember, people are on Instagram to look at the pretty pictures, not to read. So make your picture interesting and keep the words short. The picture does not have to be related to the cause, but it certainly helps!
• Dragon Master Foundation can be found at @dragonmasterfdn on both Twitter and Instagram. Please follow us and you will get more ideas on what to post. You can use our posts to re-post on your own feeds.
• Set a reminder on your phone to make the posts every day. We are all busy, and you may forget if you don’t have a reminder set.
Please ask any questions you have by posting below. We have a lot of folks who are just signing up to Twitter and Instagram in order to help us, so the questions you ask will help others, too!
And thank you so much for getting involved with this! It will help a lot of other people learn about our quest to cure cancer, and hopefully we will walk away with $500,000 to fast-track our database!